1. Nāga.– An eminent Thera of Sri Lanka, a teacher of the Vinaya. Vin.v.3.
2. Nāga.– Third of the ten sons of Muṭasīva, and therefore a brother of Devānampiyatissa. Dpv.xi.6; xvii.75.
3. Nāga.– A thera of Sri Lanka during the pillage by Brahmaṇatissa. His sister was an Arahant theri named Nāgā (q.v.) For their story see MA.i.546 f; AA.ii.654 f.
4. Nāga.– An elder of Kāraliyagiri in Sri Lanka. For eighteen years he gave up teaching the Dhamma, but later he taught the Dhātukathā, and his memory of the contents was perfect. Vism.96.
5. Nāga.– See Coranāga, Mahānāga, etc.