Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before Reporting Site Problems
My site and this forum are hosted on free web-hosting. Sometimes there may be error messages when trying to follow links or post messages. Please be patient, and try again later. These teething problems may disappear after some time. 

If you have difficulty accessing any of the pages on www.aimwell.org for more than a few minutes, you can find a complete copy on my mirror site, which is on a different web-host. If you're a regular visitor to my site, please bookmark that page. 

If most other links are working, and pages are loading as expected, but particular links are always broken, or if they go to the wrong page, then please report the problem in a new thread in this forum. I can usually fix broken links as soon as I know about them. Some remain broken for months because no one reported them.

Also start new threads for other errors, such as typos missing images, and factual errors, etc.
NewsDPPN  • Fonts • MirrorCST4 Tipitaka
Occasionally getting MySQL errors, maybe once every few site visits. But they go away with a simple page refresh. 

One suggestion for layout is to change the "MyBB" in the upper-left corner of forum pages to something more relevant, if this is possible. The icon helpfully takes one back to the forum index when clicked.
(06-15-2017, 07:55 AM)Mkoll Wrote: One suggestion for layout is to change the "MyBB" in the upper-left corner of forum pages to something more relevant, if this is possible. The icon helpfully takes one back to the forum index when clicked.
I don't have a lot of free time or energy for getting to grips with changing the forum code, Maybe later if the forum becomes more active.

If it interests you, search the MyBB forums for solutions.
(06-17-2017, 03:15 PM)Bhikkhu Pesala Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 07:55 AM)Mkoll Wrote: One suggestion for layout is to change the "MyBB" in the upper-left corner of forum pages to something more relevant, if this is possible. The icon helpfully takes one back to the forum index when clicked.
I don't have a lot of free time or energy for getting to grips with changing the forum code, Maybe later if the forum becomes more active.

If it interests you, search the MyBB forums for solutions.

Thanks Bhante, I'll ask there.
Received this reply: 

Quote:It's a logo image - you can either replace the logo.png image in the images folder OR you can edit the theme properties to point to a new logo image.

It doesn't seem like I have the authority to make these changes though I'd be happy to do so with it. Otherwise, it's not a problem---this is just me being nitpicky.  Wink
Thanks. That was not difficult.

Clear your browser's cache and reload the page to see the change.
Works, looking good!
I have tweaked it a bit to add some colour and make the graphic smoother. The image was exported from PagePlus X9 using the "super sample" setting.
It's definitely cleaner and more resolved now.
Due to the heavy load on their servers from the large number of free sites, they have imposed a daily sleep time on all free hosting. Mine starts at 13:00 and the downtime is usually just an hour or two.

Bookmark my Mirror Site to retain access, or download the offline archives from the Home Page, and extract them to any convenient folder on your hard drive. I update the archives when I update my site with any new pages.