1. Viññāṇa Sutta.– In him who contemplates the enjoyment of all that makes for bondage, there comes descent of consciousness. Name and form is conditioned by consciousness, sense by name and form, contact by sense, etc. S.ii.91.
2. Viññāṇa Sutta.– One of the suttas taught by the Buddha to Rāhula. Consciousness is fleeting. S.ii.246.
3. Viññāṇa Sutta.– Eye-consciousness is impermanent, changeable likewise ear-consciousness, etc. S.iii.226.
4. Viññāṇa Sutta.– The arising of eye-consciousness and of the other factors this is the appearing of decay and death. Their ceasing is the end of decay and death. S.iii.229.
5. Viññāṇa Sutta.– The desire and lust that is in eye-consciousness is a corruption of the heart; likewise that which is ear consciousness, etc. S.iii.232.