Dictionary of Pāli Proper Names • G.P. Malalasekera
Page last updated on 8 May, 2017
A village in South Sri Lanka. In the reign of Queen Kalyāṇavatī (1202‑8), the regent, Ayasmanta, sent the Adhīkārin Deva to the village, where a vihāra was erected (Cv.lxxx.38) by him.
Later, Parakkamabāhu IV built the Parakkamabāhu-pāsāda attached to the vihāra and gave for its maintenance the village of Sāligiri (Cv.xc.96).