1. Sunanda.– Father of Padumuttara Buddha. DhA.i.417; but J.i.37 and Bu.xi.19 call him Ānanda.
He became an ascetic and the Buddha taught him. In this life he was Puṇṇa Mantāṇiputta. ThagA.i.361 f.
2. Sunanda Khattiya.– Father of Koṇḍañña Buddha. J.i.30; Bu.iii.25.
3. Sunanda.– A village, where Yasodharā gave a meal of milk-
4. Sunanda.– An Ājīvaka who gave grass for his seat to Koṇḍañña Buddha. BuA.108.
5. Sunanda.– An Ājīvaka who gave grass for his seat to Sujāta Buddha. BuA.168.
6. Sunanda.– An Ājīvaka who gave grass for his seat to Dīpaṅkara Buddha. BuA.68.
7. Sunanda.– The park where Anomadassī Buddha was born. BuA.141.
8. Sunanda.– A disciple of Dhammadassī Buddha. Ap.i.196.
9. Sunanda.– A palace of Vipassī Buddha, in his last lay life. Bu.xx.24.
10. Sunanda.– A brahmin in the time of Padumuttara Buddha; a former birth of Nīta Thera (Pupphachadanīya). ThagA.i.181; Ap.i.166.
12. Sunanda.– Son of King Añjasa. Once, while riding the elephant Sirika, he saw the Pacceka Buddha Devala, and drove the elephant against him. He was a previous birth of Upāli. ThagA.i.367 f.
15. Sunanda.– A charioteer of King Sivi in the Ummadantī Jātaka. He is identified with Ānanda. J.v.227.
16. Sunanda.– A king of Surabhi in the time of Maṅgala Buddha; the Buddha taught him. Bu.iv.6; BuA.119 f.
17. Sunanda.– A city. See Naradeva (2).