1. Bandhana Sutta.– The world is bound by pleasure; by abandoning craving, the world will become free. S.i.39.
2. Bandhana Sutta.– The Buddha once heard that Pasenadi had taken men prisoners and had bound them in chains. He thereupon declared that the bonds of passion were stronger than any chains (S.i.76). The Commentary says (SA.i.115; cp. Bandhanāgāra Jātaka) that the incident was connected with the loss of the king’s turban diadem.
3. Bandhana Sutta.– Those who regard the body, feelings, perceptions, etc., as self, are fettered by bonds those who do not are free. S.iii.164.
4. Paṭhamabandhana Sutta.– There are eight ways in which a woman binds a man. A.iv.196.
- By weeping (ruṇṇena),
- By laughing (hasitena),
- By speech (bhaṇitena),
- By clothing or appearance (ākappena),
- By presents of flowers, etc., (vanabhaṅgena),
- By perfumes (gandhena),
- By tastes (rasena),
- By touch (phassena).
5. Dutiyabandhana Sutta. – Eight ways in which a man binds a woman. A.iv.197. The same eight ways as the above.